Sunday, November 13, 2011

:.:Hana Yori's Egg Yolk Sauce:.:

ALRIGHT ALREADY!!! :) Here it is folks....the one....the only....Egg Yolk Sauce!! It took me a couple days to get it right....and some may adjust the recipe to their liking...but all in all it ROCKS MY SOCKS! So here we go:



8 egg YOLKS
2 sticks butter (melted)
2 cups warmed peanut oil
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar (unseasoned)
soy sauce
salt
sugar


Get your blender plugged in and cranked up!!!  (While you are waiting for your husband to dig out your blender and get in plugged in) Mix together your melted butter, warmed oil and rice vinegar. Start with your egg yolks in the blender....BLEND BLEND BLEND....now slowly stream in the oil and butter mixture. Thats right I said SLOWLY!! Be careful not to let the emulsion break!! Add a tablespoon or so of soy sauce, a pinch or two of sugar and salt. BLEND BLEND BLEND BLEND BLEND

Okay so you are going to notice the mixture thickening up some. Or at least you should! I place mine in the refrigerator for a couple hours before cooking if possible. This recipe makes almost a full 4 cups...so there is plenty to share! 

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:

Butterfly some shrimp...stick them on the grill or pan grill if its a chilly day out! For stovetop, high heat. Immediately place a dollop of your Yolk Sauce atop a trio of shrimp (it means put a glob of your yellow stuff on a pile of 3 shrimp!) and cover. These cook alot quicker than you think. Check after a minute-minute and a half. I douse mine with brandy, flame, and serve. But not necessary! Don't try to play Chef Ramsey if your inexperienced!

Like I said, I have had to tweak my recipe a bit....my first batch was too salty, my second was too sweet....Third Times A Charm

GOOD LUCK!





11 comments:

  1. I followed to the letter this recipe and cannot get the thick yellow jello consistancy . How do you get it to the plyable texture that they have it ..? Taste is great just getting the thickness is the problem. Have had it in fridge for two hours now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am just seeing this! I try and keep it in the fridge overnight.....it will thicken up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did our second batch of this yesterday and it turned out perfectly. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know what they use on their chicken and/or steak?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you freeze the left over sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I followed the recipe as best as I could but I am not really that good at making food. So I was wondering if you could make a video showing how you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this different than yum yum sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No.
    It's nothing like Hana Yori's egg sauce in Mishawaka.
    Asian mayonnaise is what it tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for this recipe for years. Just made a batch at my restaurant. Perfection. Thank you so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How long do you blend/drizzle the oil in? Are we talking a food processor, a stand mixer, or like a ninja blender?

    ReplyDelete